Now that you are spending more time at home than usual, owing to the pandemic lockdown, it is a good time to begin bonding with your pets. Your beloved dogs and cats are glad to get more of your time. By sharing time with them, you are able to better monitor their health, and you may even provide them some healthy supplements and treats. Such treats can be CBD for cats. In fact, you can give your cat companion some yummy CBD treats.
Yes, you read that right! CBD-based foods are now available for pets. Sadly, there is a lack of awareness; which this article will hopefully clear out.
Why Give CBD to Cats?
You may have doubts regarding giving cannabis-infused products to your beloved cats. However, the reality is that cannabis is made of several compounds and not all of them can make you, or your pet, intoxicated. The psychoactive ingredient is THC that generates the much-talked-about cerebral ‘high’ effect. CBD, cannabidiol, does not create the same effect on humans as well as animals.
CBD is known for its relaxing and calming effects. It soothes the nerves and has a sedating impact. That is why it has been used extensively for treating sleep issues, stress, and pain.
If your beloved pet is coping with such health issues, you can give them CBD-infused treats. There are cannabis brands that are selling organic hemp-based products meant exclusively for dogs and cats. You can give the pet these CBD products to boost immunity and health. It can also be useful to treat aging and specific ailments.
Things to Keep in Mind
Before you buy some CBD oil for cats it is necessary to keep a few things in mind. You will also have to check a few aspects carefully.
- You have to learn about the source of the CBD for the cats used in the products. Not every company makes use of organic hemp.
- It is also necessary to look for details on the hemp extraction process used.
- You will need to check out the list of ingredients used in making pet-specific CBD products. This is applicable for ointment and edibles both. Look out for any synthetic substance, chemical, or preservative used in the formulation. The last thing you want it to give CBD to your cats, and then find out it has been laced.
- It is important that you check the type of CBD used in the products that you will buy for the cat or any other pet. There are 3 types of CBD used. Isolate is the safest option and you can go for the products made with broad-spectrum CBD as well. However, the full-spectrum CBD products contain a very small amount of THC. It is below 0.3%. Pick the right CBD for your cats.
- Before buying any pet-specific CBD products, make sure you read the reviews online. It makes sense to buy such products from a brand that has a solid reputation.
Health Benefits Cats can get From CBD
If you buy the right kind of CBD product for your cat, the animal can obtain a number of health benefits. If you have a cat that is suffering from body or joint pain, the application of CBD oil can be helpful.
It will give the cat a nice relief from aches and pains. CBD products also help cats to sleep better. Like humans, cats also cope with stress and depression. The application of CBD products helps them overcome such issues better. These products can be especially useful for cats that have experienced accidents and trauma.
The Final Verdict
When you buy any CBD for your cats, especially edibles, buy in a small volume. Some cats can be fussy about food flavour and taste, and so do not take any chances.